• Lunchtime Reading Club: new books and dictionaries
• Assembly dates and ideas
Y6: Bolton, Benedicte, Kiana, Lucy, Kristine, Elena, Britney
Y5: Sophie, Faith, Jenson, Leah
Lunchtime Reading Club
Tuesday lunchtime once a month.
Feedback from readers was that the new books were inspirational
The next Club meeting will be tomorrow at 12.45 in Y6 classroom
Assembly dates and ideas
• Enter hall with flags representing countries in our school
• Have a conversation in another language with someone who doesn’t speak it. This will then be translated
• Celebrations discussed: gatherings in Caribbean and Ghana incorporating dance. Latvian celebrations
• Diversity group to re-write ‘I have a dream’
Any Other Business
• The Action Plan has been updated
• Kiana had an idea for next Cultural Week for children to dress up as famous black/Asian figures to celebrate their life
All this yummy popcorn was prepared by the children in Year 2 for the Economic Well Being Marketplace. They made enough for everybody and there was none left at the end!
This colourful display was prepared by the children in Year 3 for the Economic Well Being Marketplace. They made and sold stunning bookmarks with a World Cup theme which proved very popular!
The children in Year 6 used their £10 to cash in on the latest trend of loom bands, selling bracelets and rings. They were definitely one of the most popular stalls in the Marketpace and turned their £10 into over £50!
All the classes were given £10 to set up their project in the Economic Well Being Marketplace. The children in Year 1 set up a stationary stall and sold pencils, erasers and lots of other fun stuff!